Friday, September 23, 2005

noodling: 02



More noodling for your viewing pleasure. I've been trying to loosen up my sketches and going beyond what I usually draw. A lot of the characters I draw have been looking more and more alike, like the same girl but with a different hairstyle. Or the same pose, but different clothes. Is it the laziness in me, or have I become accustomed to drawing something the same exact way? There's no variety, and we all know that variety is the spice of life. I felt I was on the right track when I created a 2006 calendar for the Comic-Con. Most of the characters varied somewhat in head shapes and facial features. But I know I can flip it much more than that. Flip it like a pancake. Mmm... pancakes.

www.ONESICKINDIVIDUAL.com

all images © 2005 Erwin Haya, unless otherwise noted.

10 comments:

Alina Chau said...

Love your doodles, they are coool!

nOeL said...

I've felt that way for a long time. My drawings have shades of Joe Madureira's...a lot! I know I'm going to get a lot of (bad) criticism from other artists who want to break into comics and the like. Do I care? No, not really. Personally, I just love doing what I do and I try to change my style when I can and see what works...It's just taking me more time to figure out what. I did come a long way though when I compare my drawings especially the ones I did in the past. Joe is one of my heroes, and got me back to drawing. I love his style just like a few other artists. I mean, look at J. Scott Campbell...his art mirrored Jim Lee's, but then he found his own style. I'm sure that'll happen to me eventually...

isay said...

looks like fun!

i can't get enought of it!

Das-h-afiz said...

Nice, I love it. Actually i'm, searching for a voluteer to join me at Crystalline
If you like to join it, contact me at mohazamin@gmail.com

Pajara Pinta said...

I think your facial expressions are great... such a diversity of characters!!!

check my illustration site
www.caracarmina.blogspot.com

Andy Dabydeen said...

Nice noodles.

As for the lack of variety ... hey, at least you've got style!

dark-forest said...

i like 'em!

ONESICKINDIVIDUAL said...

thanks for the comments! time for more noodling.

Michael said...

the characters are great! I love marker art too. cool stuff!

KENSHi said...

great noodling. love your style. strong emotions and confident mark marking. sweet stuff!