Tuesday, October 18, 2005
This weeks illfriday topic is cold. It's cold right now. I'm cold right now. In honor of how cold it is, I will post something I did from my calendar. That's right kids. I'm lazy. Lazy is king. Anyhoo, the illos are for the months of December, January, and February.
The Complete Calvin and Hobbes, by Bill Waterson, that Jenn ordered for me just came in a few days ago. It is my all time favorite comic strip of... all time. Along with the collection of every single brilliant, insightful, and hilarious comic strip ever created is an introduction filled with great anecdotes from Waterson's experience before, during, and after Calvin and Hobbes. And it's freaking heavy! I have at least one thing in common with Bill Waterson. As a kid I, too, wanted to either be a cartoonist or an astronaut. But my dream of being an astronaut where later crushed when I lost all understanding of math beyond fractions and long division (which I actually took in college). Jenn also got me The Quitter graphic novel. She takes such good care of me.
I've been tagged by Carla. I need to post 20 random facts about myself and then tag the same amount of people as minutes it takes me to write the facts. Drumroll please...
1. I consume more ketchup in a week than a family of four can in a month.
2. I believe that cows are ambassadors to extraterrestrial life forms.
3. I have been wearing a lot of brown lately.
4. I lived in Japan for the first three years of my life.
5. I am not fond of spiders.
6. I can't drink milk.
7. I don't like drinking water through a straw.
8. I enjoyed the taste of alligator and frogs.
9. I once flipped-out at a rave and didn't sleep for three days.
10. I view the world as if it where a how to drawing book.
11. I laugh at inappropriate times.
12. I want to be an astronaut and/or ninja.
13. I am a Batman fanboy at heart.
14. I once found a year old carton of unopened milk in the back of the fridge.
15. I was graciuosly asked, by my art school, not to return.
16. I have a ridiculous fear of giant babies who can talk.
17. I am a sucker for dogs.
18. I have an absurd fondness for ice skating movies.
19. I am in love with my fiance, Jenn.
20. I miss Spike terribly.
Tag, you're it.
all images © 2005 Erwin Haya, unless otherwise noted.