Wednesday, October 05, 2005

surfer girl


It's been 3 months since Jenn and I moved from the Bay Area to sunny San Diego. And I think we've adapted quite well to this new environment. We've been introduced to quite a few delicious indigenous delicacies, from deep-fried burritos to the almighty goodness of carne asada fries, which basically boils down to a large styrofoam to-go box filled with fries and topped with everything you would find inside a large carne asada burrito. My arteries are clogging just thinking about it. Everything is less than a half hour away, including the beach. There are a lot more hills down here, so my trusty Sector9, which is definitely one of my best So-Cal investments, is an awesome way to get around and a great substitute to snowboarding on the off-season. And the warm, sunny weather supports my pants-less way of life. The one thing we haven't gotten around to yet is surfing. What other sport can say you might get eaten? I can't wait to try it out. And I'm definitely not wearing pants for that.

Above is one of the concept sketches for a t-shirt design I'm working on. The project shifted to another one of my designs, so I get to play around with these sketches on my own time. So maybe I'll put it into Illustrator and color it. Or maybe I'll sit around on my lazy ass and think about it for awhile before I get distracted with thoughts of pouring carne asada fries down my pants. What the hell, I can do two things at once.

And on a different note, Melody, you fucking rock! Can you dance at my wedding? I promise to wear pants.

www.ONESICKINDIVIDUAL.com

all images © 2005 Erwin Haya, unless otherwise noted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got the strong thighs right on the Surfer Girl! They're tough and make sure you don't cut in on their wave :)