Thursday, February 09, 2006

cover noodles



A couple of concepts for childern's book covers I'm working on at the moment. They won't be used, but they did turn out pretty good. It gave me an excuse to mess around with layouts and compositions. And the project is also forcing me to draw animals which hasn't been one of my strong points. That and vehicles. And architecture. Who am I kidding? If it doesn't have breasts, I'm pretty much useless at times. But I sure am working on it.


It was bound to happen sooner or later. For your viewing pleasure, Brokeback to the Future. Editing at its finest.

Check out Patrick Morgan's Whaleboy vinyl-toy prototype. It's tight as hell. He'll be exhibiting at WonderCon this weekend. I'll be missing it this year on account of not living in the area anymore. So do me a favor and also check out Howard Shum, Alberto Ruiz, and Daniel Davis. All cool folks, all cool art.

www.ONESICKINDIVIDUAL.com

all images © 2006 Erwin Haya, unless otherwise noted.

4 comments:

spacesick said...

Awesome horses! Cool stuff.

I think your troubles could be solved by just drawing breasts on everything, and then going in and erasing 'em later.

No need to thank me.

IamOSI said...

i like the way you think, spacesick.

Angie Pansey said...

Great sketches, love your work!

That 'Brokeback To The Future' is some funny shit. Here's another one, perhaps not as funny though:

Brokeback Top Gun

katat0nik said...

Nice work, you've got a great style. Love the DJ logo you did!